When Should a Pharmacy Professional Self-Report?
It is in a pharmacy professional’s best interest to self-report to IMP3 as soon as possible if any of the following applies:
- missed work for more than two weeks due to a mental or physical disorder or disability of a chronic or debilitating nature;
- been diagnosed with a chronic illness with a known mental health component (for example MS, Parkinson's, HIV);
- had problems related to drug and/or alcohol use such as operating while intoxicated (OWI) and/or other alcohol or drug related offenses; disciplinary action by a federal or state agency for this reason; pilfered controlled substances for personal use; or practiced pharmacy under the influence of alcohol and/or other mood altering substances;
- experiencing anger management concerns; or
- been urged by friends, family or colleagues to get help for mental health issues such as depression, physical disability, and/or substance abuse.